Mark dictations as "Done (No reply)"

tmr0

Why is "Done (No reply)" option greyed-out and unavailable to select for dictations? The help file says: "To mark the file as Done without emailing it, press Ctrl+N or click the Done icon from the secondary toolbar". This keyboard shortcut does not work either.

Within our firm we don't dispatch dictation attachments; transcriptions instead go into a separate content management system. So how else do we mark dictations as done within Express Delegate?

Currently we have a very large list of dictations accumulating within Express Delegate with status 'Transcribing'.

Note we are using Express Scribe Pro v5.4 on Windows 7 SP1 (32bit).

• 6 months later...

Why is "Done (No reply)" option greyed-out and unavailable to select for dictations? The help file says: "To mark the file as Done without emailing it, press Ctrl+N or click the Done icon from the secondary toolbar". This keyboard shortcut does not work either.

Within our firm we don't dispatch dictation attachments; transcriptions instead go into a separate content management system. So how else do we mark dictations as done within Express Delegate?

Currently we have a very large list of dictations accumulating within Express Delegate with status 'Transcribing'.

Note we are using Express Scribe Pro v5.4 on Windows 7 SP1 (32bit).

I am having the same problem. I have several clinics that use express dictate and express scribe. I recently installed Delegate at one of the sites so that they could take advantage of the pool system and also have better accounting of transcriptions. It installed perfectly and the setup went flawless. I went to the first typist and pulled a dictation and she typed it. I looked at the web interface and it said "transcribing". Im thinking to myself "this is going to work..."

Not so fast. The typist can't click done. It is grey and not an option. I immediately find a FAQ about this and something about uploading a file and its doesn't help at all. I even tried typing a single word into the notes section of the current dictation just to see if I could trick it into being usable. NO GO.

I am a IT consultant that recommends Express Dictate and Express Scribe to all the clinics I work at. I have over 20 Express Dictate users using these products. All of these clinics use a EMR that the typist types into for their work. There are no Word Files. There is nothing to upload.

Please tell me that I set something up wrong. Please tell me that a simple "done" button that marks the status on the server as complete and removes it from the list is not unreasonable to ask for.

I have sent a support request to NCH and I received the standard "Pay for support plan" if you want it answered faster. I will gladly and immediately pay for a answer I can use. Does this mean that if I pay 33.00 for a way to make the "done" button work or does it mean that I am going to pay 33.00 for them to tell me that it won't work. This method of support doesn't seem fair to the user.

If anyone can help me I will gladly pay them for the fix. I have a clinic that is in limbo waiting on me to finalize this install.

• 3 years later...

Yes, I've just noticed this as well. I have just bought the latest 5.78 version of Scribe, together with Dictate, and am trying them out with the free version of Delegate.

1. If I use the Load button to manually load a file, the Done button is available for that transcription, and removes the file from the list again, without deleting it. OK.

2. If I load a file from Delegate, the Done button is greyed out. I can understand the thinking behind requiring a typist to use Dispatch to submit a transcript, without the ability just to ignore the assignment by clicking Done, but surely this should be a configurable option?

3. If I dispatch a transcript correctly, and then subsequently go into "Recover old dictations" in order to refer back to a previous recording or transcript, and then click on the Recover button, the dictation re-appears in the task list, BUT STILL DOES NOT HAVE THE DONE BUTTON AVAILABLE. So the only two ways to get it back out of the list are either to Dispatch it again (which shouldn't be necessary), or Delete it (which is a hard delete and makes it no longer recoverable). This is surely a bug. It should always be possible to click Done on a recovered dictation.
  4. In fact, I have just tried to use "Dispatch" to remove the file from the list, and received the response from Delegate "Not expecting transcript upload". In this case, surely for a recovered dictation, it is the Dispatch button that should be greyed out, not the Done button?

Comment from NCH?