Problem with DS2 (not DSS)

I know they're the same company, but didn't say anything specific to DS2 in the FAQ.

The files take a much longer time to load than other file types and then when they do, they are either partially or completely silent. I did install the DSS32.exe from the support page, no effect. I know this one is proprietary, but any suggestions?

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Do you have the professional (i.e. purchased) version? The free version will NOT play DS2 files but the purchased version will. Having said that, there are some DS2 files that I have problems working on the professional version and have to revert to another player I have purchased previously. And it seems I am not the only one having this problem.

Hopefully the problem might be resolved at some point in the future.

I know they're the same company, but didn't say anything specific to DS2 in the FAQ.

The files take a much longer time to load than other file types and then when they do, they are either partially or completely silent. I did install the DSS32.exe from the support page, no effect. I know this one is proprietary, but any suggestions?

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

I specifically bought the Pro version of Express Scribe so that I could play ds2 files.

Express Scribe Pro Transcription Software

The Express Scribe Professional Edition includes video playback and supports proprietary audio file formats including dss, ds2 and mvf.

Note: The MAC version does not support the dss file format at this time.

However, the ds2 file from an Olympus 7000 (previous versions used included Olympus 4000 and 5000 series) only played up to 04mins:28secs of the 13min:31sec ds2 audio file. Four minutes and 28 seconds into the ds2 file I could only hear silence/no voice in the audio, although it continued to play/run throughout the entire 13mins:31secs of the file blankly. We then converted the ds2 file in to a .dss audio file, loaded the .dss file in to the Express Scribe player, and could hear the .dss audio file in its entirety.

Unfortunately for me, this is very limiting -- as my clients upload their audio files to me in ds2 format and I am unable to convert them to a .dss file without the digital recorder in-hand.

Any input would be greatly appreciated :)

• 2 months later...