Shared Shortcuts - Best Practices

akupfer

Team,

The company that I work for just purchased 250 FastFox Business Licenses and we are deploying the tool to the group.

We want to leverage "shared shortcuts", however, a shared shortcut will, sometimes, need customization by each user.

For example:

"Hi, I'm John, from the xyz team and I'll take care of your case."

"John" and "xyz" would be onetime customized words by each user. Therefore, it can't be shared the way it was originally created by the administrator.

I thought about making each user to "save data" the shared shortcuts to a local file and then "reload data" the local file. Therefore, each user can edit the shortcuts.

Any other ideas (less cumbersome)? Any new feature being developed on this matter?

Best regards, Andre'.

Team,

The company that I work for just purchased 250 FastFox Business Licenses and we are deploying the tool to the group.

We want to leverage "shared shortcuts", however, a shared shortcut will, sometimes, need customization by each user.

For example:

"Hi, I'm John, from the xyz team and I'll take care of your case."

"John" and "xyz" would be onetime customized words by each user. Therefore, it can't be shared the way it was originally created by the administrator.

I thought about making each user to "save data" the shared shortcuts to a local file and then "reload data" the local file. Therefore, each user can edit the shortcuts.

Any other ideas (less cumbersome)? Any new feature being developed on this matter?

Best regards, Andre'.

Hi Andre,

We don't currently have anything like that, but we will certainly look into adding it in a future release.

The only less cumbersome idea I had: When you create the shortcut, use a variable name like %variable_name%. For instance, "Hi, I'm %name%, from the %teamname% team and I'll take care of your case." Then, when John gets the shortcut file he could open it with notepad and do a Replace All on %name% and %teamname%. That's still cumbersome, but would be slightly faster if there are a lot of shortcuts.

Hope that helps and thanks for the input!