Password no accepted on encrypted file

quazi

I created a file with Meo with an output of executable. It processes fine. When I open it, it asks for a psw. I give the psw, and it returns a message "empty passwords are not allowed". Sounds like a bug. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I am having the same problem ... getting the Empty password error message when a password is entered. Did anyone ever get a solution to this problem? If so, any help would be appreciated. thanks

I have the same problem - won't decrypt a file created from a previous version or the new version - "Empty passwords are not allowed"..nice...running Windows 7, 64-bit - support contacted me once about a week ago but never responded to my reply.

• 4 months later...

Greetings Everyone,

We apologize for the difficulties you are experiencing, and are working on a solution. Any information you are willing and able to provide about the computers on which this problem is occurring would be much appreciated. If anyone experiencing this bug is willing to install a debug version and send in a trace file, it would help tremendously. If you would like to help in this manner, please let me know.

Also, while we are attempting to fix the problem, it will probably help you to know that when MEO is run as a command line tool it does not have this problem. I know it's not quite as convenient, but at least you can get your data.

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem. I was able to decrypt files until recently then suddenly, I get empty passwords are not allowed. I am willing to help find the cure to this problem, please contact me. In the mean time I will start looking.

Regards

Peacorp

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Just found this thread, but afraid i am no closer to solving the problem. I really am not very technically minded, and couldnt make head nor tail of Dave's post... what is menu X?

I am using windows 7, and i have a number of encrypted folders which I really need to open as they contain really important work stuff, and I am close to panicking...

Any help? A step by step guide would be much appreciated for a technical buffoon....!

Butz

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Menu x is a windows front end that makes launching programs easier. I think there is some keyboard capture that is stopping MEO seeing the password. So stop anything that is running one thing at a time untill it works. Then you will know what program to stop to get MEO to work.

• 2 months later...

Yes, same problem, MEO encrypted *exe file worked fine when I created it a year ago, now when I enter the password it returns the msg about not accepting an empty password, Hope I can resole the problem son as there are my previous 4 years of tax forms encoded there.

I will try Menu X whatever that is.

Thanks forum people for being here so I know I am not alone with this!

I am having this problem on a Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bi Gateway with dual core AMD processor. All software is up to date. The self extracting ME *exe worked fine when created a year ago. Only just now trying decrypt I get the msg "empty passwords not accepted". Downloaded another v.2.17 and still will not open the file. No luck with the Menu X either.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings Everyone,

We apologize for the difficulties you are experiencing, and are working on a solution. Any information you are willing and able to provide about the computers on which this problem is occurring would be much appreciated. If anyone experiencing this bug is willing to install a debug version and send in a trace file, it would help tremendously. If you would like to help in this manner, please let me know.

Also, while we are attempting to fix the problem, it will probably help you to know that when MEO is run as a command line tool it does not have this problem. I know it's not quite as convenient, but at least you can get your data.

I ran this on the DOS command line and still did not work.

• 7 years later...