Won't Work with OSX Lion

Kremin

I upgraded to Lion last week and have been unable to get Switch to work since. I'm attempting to convert a FLAC file to MP3 for instance (my most common usage of Switch) and receive the following errors:

"You can't open the application mp3el because PowerPC applications are no longer supported."

and

"You can't open the application flacdec because PowerPC applications are no longer supported."

Anyone have a workaround? I emailed Switch support about this issue but have heard no response. It seems that Lion essentially bricks the app.

I upgraded to Lion last week and have been unable to get Switch to work since. I'm attempting to convert a FLAC file to MP3 for instance (my most common usage of Switch) and receive the following errors:

"You can't open the application mp3el because PowerPC applications are no longer supported."

and

"You can't open the application flacdec because PowerPC applications are no longer supported."

Anyone have a workaround? I emailed Switch support about this issue but have heard no response. It seems that Lion essentially bricks the app.

Yes, also had this nasty discovery today! WavePad is effectively entombed.

• 1 month later...

and

Yup having same troubles with wave pad. There is a version of mp3el for mac but it still won't work.

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought a Mac Pro with Lion 10.7 after using older version of Switch on 2003 PowerPC Mac with 10.4. And what did I learn? I had to purchase many new Intel versions of software, including Switch 4.15 Intel version.

I read that up through 10.6 Snow Leopard the Intel Macs had a utility called Rosetta that allowed you to use most of the PowerPC applications but Apple decided to discontinue this capability in Lion 10.7. Typical Apple "force you into the future" decision.

I did notice that the new version of Switch I am using can't convert files with the quotation character which the old Switch could. Pain in the ass as I convert a lot of remixes with names like 12" Version and the program won't touch it. Maybe an option to remove the offending character(s) would be good to include in Switch?