Minimize window while recording

royjacob

Golden Videos has a recording wizard (no option but to go through it) which takes you through several pages of setup information before it comes to the recording page. Once the recording has started, the window is a disturbance and NEEDS TO BE MINIMIZED! After it completes, the window should be restored and the file saved.

I am writing a script(AutoHotkey) to automate the whole process of recording from a video source.Everything as far as video, audio, recording, saving, all work like magic! But this problem with minimizing has me stumped. True, I can minimize the recording window using a basic script command WinMinimize. But later, when I try to use the restore command WinRestore, IT DOES NOT work! (Notice that no pages on the wizard has the "-" minimize icon. Could it be that because this is free software, such conveniences are deliberately suppressed?)

I am using Golden Videos ver 2.02 on Vista Home Premium, scripting in AutoHotkey 1.01

Any help is welcome!

I almost posted a response until I realized this wasn’t a Golden Records question!

Perhaps you should try also in the Golden Videos forum.

And thanks, because you have prompted me to download some NCH video software to check out.