Problem getting recorded files to CD

dennis7387

I am able to record music from my old records to the GR program on my computer but when I try the transfer to a CD it only puts one song on the CD. I get a message that "Burn has failed. There may be a problem with the drive or disk. Please try another disk or try a lower speed". I have tried other disk and different speeds and get the same result. Any help would be appreciated.

DRP58: Sorry to hear that you are having burn issues. Very frustrating. Personally, I don't use GR for burning - I use other dedicated burning software - always have for all my audio and video projects, so that's not a criticism of GR because I have never tried to burn using it. When you indicate that only one song burns, is it possible that you don't have all of the audio file in the window selected? If only one audio file is highlighted, GR would figure you only want to burn that one audio file. Click on an audio file in the window and then press Ctrl-A to select (highlight) them all.

I would definitely recommend that you reduce burn speed, if that is possible in GR (can't check because my GR is on my laptop and unavailable right now). Burning speed should be able to be set via a tools or options menu. You could do a test by opening Windows Media Player and importing your files and seeing if you can burn successfully using it - I have used it in the past successfully (use something else now), and it does have the option to reduce burn speed. I usually go for 4x or "Medium" speed for all of my projects. Everytime I have tried to go to max speed, I ended up with coasters. :(

Please let us know how you make out. Have a great day, and good luck.

Regards,

-Phil

DRP58: Sorry to hear that you are having burn issues. Very frustrating. Personally, I don't use GR for burning - I use other dedicated burning software - always have for all my audio and video projects, so that's not a criticism of GR because I have never tried to burn using it. When you indicate that only one song burns, is it possible that you don't have all of the audio file in the window selected? If only one audio file is highlighted, GR would figure you only want to burn that one audio file. Click on an audio file in the window and then press Ctrl-A to select (highlight) them all.

I would definitely recommend that you reduce burn speed, if that is possible in GR (can't check because my GR is on my laptop and unavailable right now). Burning speed should be able to be set via a tools or options menu. You could do a test by opening Windows Media Player and importing your files and seeing if you can burn successfully using it - I have used it in the past successfully (use something else now), and it does have the option to reduce burn speed. I usually go for 4x or "Medium" speed for all of my projects. Everytime I have tried to go to max speed, I ended up with coasters. :(

Please let us know how you make out. Have a great day, and good luck.

Regards,

-Phil

DRP58: Glad that you were able to solve the problem. Thanks for getting back to us. You are more than welcome. We have all had to start from Ground Zero to learn to use the software.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil