Prism conflict

Diamond

I used the Free version of Prism Video Converter and being satisfied with it, then purchased it without support. During that session of computer use and after entering the registration key and it being accepted there was a concurrent receipt of 22 Microsoft Windows XP updates. On attempting to restart my computer again the next day, I found the desktop would not load without me accessing 'Run/CMD/Explorer' and again on shut-down, the same thing. I suspected a possible conflict from the Prism software (although the free version worked fine) so I uninstalled it via Control Panel. 'Add/Remove Programs' I also found that additional NCH software had been installed; I uninstalled this as well. Restarted the PC again and ran virus and malware software (nil result)and everything has returned to normal. Has anyone else encountered this problem or could it have been a conflict with the MS updates? I still haven't re-installed Prism and wont until I can obtain some advice from others of you on this forum. Appreciate any assistance.

(Post amended - 08May2011)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...