Receive Stock

christomeridian

Version 3.09. I put in a sample purchse order. Then, in Receive Stock, I tried to select the order, but there were no POs visible. At one point (not a clue why) it became visible, and I was able to receive part of the order as intended. However, even though the Order was only partly received, it was marked Received - and was subsequently unavailable for receiving the balance.

In the 3.11 Beta version, Orders are unavailable, period, for partial Receive of stock. You can display the Orders, and you can even Select one. But it never becomes available to Receive partial orders. So you're left to Receive it all (through another option) or forget about it.

The tax rounding (to 2 decimal places), alone, makes the programme unusable for many. Other inconveniences include using the Location name as part of the Ship To address. Because Inventoria allows only unique Location names, companies that have multiple locations with the same name and a different address can't use this feature. As well, users can sort a view, but the next time they view that data, they have to resort it again. Why not just remember the sort?

Most of these things are simple to fix.

As I said to NCH, Inventoria has great potential, and at its current price, would represent excellent value. But it's too buggy, and critical issues do not appear to be addressed in a serious and timely manner.

Unfortunately, we'll have to find something else.

• 2 weeks later...

For those who may be interested in receiving partial orders (which is often necessary in business), I received a reply from NCH Support. They said:

I understand now what you need. Though this suggestion is sent to the Inventoria developers to consider in future, partial order processing is presently not a feature. Do let us know if you have any other query.

It left me wondering why I should bother with another query, when failures of essential parts of the existing programme are given a casual, 'maybe someday' kind of response.

• 3 years later...