Debut Crash at startup

CptRump

When I launch the Debut application, as soon as it loads up I get a message saying that "Debut Video Capture Software has crashed because of an abnormal exception"

Any ideas why it can't even load? I really, REALLY need this program to work.

I have a Dell PC, Windows Vista, if that helps

Thanks

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had a crash when enabling recording of speaker output (windows 7 Pro) but fortunately for me, after a forced reboot, Debut has been behaving. I would suggest that, if all else fails, do an uninstall, reboot the PC, then do a reinstall; this assumes you have the current version or your backup available and your registration email at hand.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm no computer guru, but a few simple ideas would be to uninstall Debut. Then delete all the files from the trail version and registers version. I did this upon buying Debut as a force of habit, so maybe thats why I bypassed whatever problem you are having.

Alternativly, try installing Debut into a different location on your computer. If both versions are in the same folder then who knows what shenanigens commence when you try to run it.

The former suggestion would be better, but I hope either option works for both/all of you.

• 4 years later...

Before I explain, I wish to mention that I really enjoy NCH software.

I've installed Debut v2.01on my Dell Xps18 tablet. It worked well.

At some point after many updates and finally updating to 8.1, I tried to uninstall 8.1 but all restore points have been deleted. and I can't uninstall the updates.

When I started Debut I couldn't run Debut without it hanging on the splash screen.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling 2.01, and 3.01 and still, the program hangs on startup at the splash screen.

I started my tablet in safe mode and the program worked fine.

Now I wish I knew what program or device driver is causing the problem.

Went back to normal mode and still had same problem.

I've tried using admin rights and compatible mode win 8. No Help!

Can someone please solve this mystery?

Nick C.