Fling leaking handles?

Brad77

Using Task Manager I can see the number of handles in use by Fling increases each time a folder is scanned and uploaded, but does not decrease again after the upload is finished.

(There are usually 2 instances of Fling running, one as the current user and one as SYSTEM, it is the system one that appears to leak handles)

After approx 2 weeks the computer becomes unresponsive and my software has error messages like "the system lacked sufficient resources" or "the system lacked sufficient buffer space".

I have upgraded the version of Fling used to v2.23

I currently have Fling on a number of other computers, all of which run without any problems.

Has anyone else noticed this issue?

Does anyone know of any other software that could be interfering with Fling and causing this issue?

Thanks,

Brad.

• 6 months later...

Brad et al,

I run a weather website and use FLING to upload weather data to the site. After ~ 48 hours or so, FLING is unable to transfer ANY of my 5 directories that I have established..... I have other users at WxForum.net complaining of the same issue. This is something that needs to be addressed....

Jim

UPDATE:

After obseving the non-page pool resources in Windows, It appears that Fling is chewing up all the non-page memeory and not releasing it.

We've done some testing for this but we haven't been able to reproduce the issue. Can you give us some details about how you have Fling set up and what functionality might be causing this?

We've done some testing for this but we haven't been able to reproduce the issue. Can you give us some details about how you have Fling set up and what functionality might be causing this?

I can't really say much more about our issue.

We had Fling configured to upload files every 30 minutes on one folder tree that contains log files written to very often, and confiured to upload automatically on any file change another folder tree that contains exes and config files etc that hardly ever change.

We have this exact same setup on several other computers without any issues, but on this particular computer I saw in task manager that the number of handles in use by Fling was continually growing.

Without being able to reproduce this problem I doubt you'll ever be able to fix it, the problem may not even be with your software.

The laptop that this was running on has recently developed a problem with its screen, so has been replaced, the issue has not been seen on the new laptop.

Thanks for looking in to this for us, as far as I'm concerned there is no longer an issue, I expect SOMDWX will reply with more details that could help.

Thanks,

Brad77

I can't really say much more about our issue.

We had Fling configured to upload files every 30 minutes on one folder tree that contains log files written to very often, and confiured to upload automatically on any file change another folder tree that contains exes and config files etc that hardly ever change.

We have this exact same setup on several other computers without any issues, but on this particular computer I saw in task manager that the number of handles in use by Fling was continually growing.

Without being able to reproduce this problem I doubt you'll ever be able to fix it, the problem may not even be with your software.

The laptop that this was running on has recently developed a problem with its screen, so has been replaced, the issue has not been seen on the new laptop.

Thanks for looking in to this for us, as far as I'm concerned there is no longer an issue, I expect SOMDWX will reply with more details that could help.

Thanks,

Brad77

OK, thanks for the extra information. We'll keep our eyes open.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, thanks for the extra information. We'll keep our eyes open.

I'm one of the 'weather guys' SOMDWX is referring to and I'm experiencing the exact problem with an increasing Non-paged pool that SOMDWX mentioned. I restarted Fling about 2.5 hours ago and the NP Pool was 5K. 30 minutes later it was 23K. Now (2.5 hours later) it's 105K. And it will continue to climb until I restart Fling. I've seen it as high as 2500K before restarting before.

I currently have 8 directories set up for transfers with all but one setup as Automatic. One directory is setup for 5 minute intervals. 3 of the 8 directories are never updated, so no transfers actually take place from them.

I'd be happy to provide as much information as you need to attempt to debug this problem. I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Steve

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...

Another one here. Using fling 2.35 with win2012 server. 8gb memory was easily chewed up by fling. After restart it takes about 48 hours until next restart.

I made Another check ad can see that approx 10K from NP pool is consumed every second.

I ende up scheduling a restart of t service"flingservice" every24 hours.

Edited by bduren