Audio/Video goes out of synch

tames

I read a couple of other entries on this which did not provide any help. I just upgraded my motherboard, graphics and audio. On my old system, Debut worked perfectly. Now, with this much more powerful system, the video/audio stay in synch for exactly 20 seconds then they start drifting - the video dragging behind. This only occurs when I review the recorded MP4 file. It seems to work good while I am actually recording. I have tried recording in different formats such as .flv. Nothing seems to matter. I have also tried messing with the frame rates. Nothing. I have tried several different encoder options with average bitrates set high and low.

The video and audio stay in synch if I use the software that comes with the camera - Rocketfish HD webcam

Motherboard is an ASUS with an AMD quad-core processor. Graphics integrated ATI 760G chipset - Raedon 3200 controller

Windows XP sp3

I did download and install the latest graphics driver updates.

Any insight appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

I read a couple of other entries on this which did not provide any help. I just upgraded my motherboard, graphics and audio. On my old system, Debut worked perfectly. Now, with this much more powerful system, the video/audio stay in synch for exactly 20 seconds then they start drifting - the video dragging behind. This only occurs when I review the recorded MP4 file. It seems to work good while I am actually recording. I have tried recording in different formats such as .flv. Nothing seems to matter. I have also tried messing with the frame rates. Nothing. I have tried several different encoder options with average bitrates set high and low.

The video and audio stay in synch if I use the software that comes with the camera - Rocketfish HD webcam

Motherboard is an ASUS with an AMD quad-core processor. Graphics integrated ATI 760G chipset - Raedon 3200 controller

Windows XP sp3

I did download and install the latest graphics driver updates.

Any insight appreciated.

VirtualDub

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Useing mp4 encoding, the audio runs very slow (I guess a factor of 3) but have not made careful measuremnts. It does not depend highly on the audio bit rate. debut.exe CPU uage is 3 to 13% during playback. Useing avi, I have not seen a problem.  running Windows 7 with 1.6 GHz Celeron CPU 64 bit.