Removing unnecessary time signatures

Guest Marjorie

Guest Marjorie

I just downloaded Crescendo Music Notation Editor, and think it will be more useful than anything I've tried so far. However, I can't seem to find a way to add new staves that don't have a time signature -- or to delete an unnecessary time signature. How can I do so?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I would like to know this too as I am having a hard time writing a song in 6/8 and key of G. Can't do that with diffualt 4/4 time.

To change the time signature to 6/8 simply right click on it and choose "Number..." on the menu. A popup dialog will shows up and let you type in the upper and lower digits. You can use right click to bring up the menu for clef and key signature as well.

To hide unwanted time signature, from the main menu, choose "Score" then "Set Time Signature Repetition" and choose the repetition mode you want.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

I've also been trying to find a way to remove unwanted time signatures, and I appreciate the above advice, but when I select "Score", the only options I can see are "Settings", "Parts", "Auto Format", "Insert Bar" and "Append Bar". Can someone please tell me where I find "Set Time Signature"?

I'd like to think that, if I could have seen that, I would certainly have tried it, to see if there is an option for setting the repetition of the time signature!!

Thanks,

Rog.

The repetition options currently are only available in Main Menu, not the tool bar. Main Menu is located on the very top of the window, above the tool bar.

Also please make sure your Main Menu is not hidden. There is a small button looks like ^ or v located at top-right of the window after the social network buttons which can show/hide the Main Menu.

Regards

• 2 months later...

I just tried it works for me. If you select Score->Set Time Signature Repetition->First System Only, the time signature will only appear on the first system.

Not sure if you need the time signature only appear on the first staff of the system though.

Regards,

Sam

• 2 years later...

Hi George,

That sounds like an interesting project! Unfortunately, Crescendo does not currently have the ability to remove the time signature completely. But given that you have expressed a need for it, then we will consider adding the feature to a future release.

Regards,

Ben