Need Step by Step directions for speech to text
Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:16 PM
I'm using Express Scribe 4.23.
If I understand it correctly, you must do the following:
1. Have a speech profile loaded on the machine. (I recorded one using Voice Recognizer.)
2. Before you load a dictation file into Express Scribe, you must click Settings>Other Settings from the main toolbar, and click the Other tab.
3. Select the Use speech recognition engine checkbox, and select the engine (in my case, it was MS English (U.S.) v6.1 Recognizer).
4. Click the User setup... button. On the dialog box, I selected user ID zero (0) since my dictation file was a .wav file and the speaker profile was created in something other than Express Dictate; therefore no user ID was automatically assigned.
4. Click OK. The Express Scribe main page reopens.
5. Now load the dictation file that you want to have converted to text. After it is loaded, it is displayed on the Express Scribe main page.
This is where all available information ends. Here are my questions:
o Do you double-click the dictation file after it has been loaded and let it run?
o How do you know that transcription is happening? I know that I read that it takes a long time to convert speech to text, but my recording was only 18 minutes long and I've been waiting for hours.
o Where is the area of the window where the text is supposed to display?
o How do you save whatever has been converted to text?
Thanks for any assistance. I hope that your answers can help other users as well.
Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:28 PM
Posted 30 December 2010 - 05:13 PM
Speaking of speech profile, is there an easy way to import a speech profile into Express Scribe?
Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:14 PM
Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:07 PM