Could burn one file, but thats it

Guest Gideon Isaac

Guest Gideon Isaac

I used to have 'easy cd creator' on my Dell Pentium running Windows 2000. It worked for a few years, but now when I put in a CD, it can only record one file. If I try to put in again to record more files, it freezes. So rather than buy Easy CD Creator again, I download Express Burn. Again, I was able to record one file on a new CD, but when I put the CD in again and tried to record some more files, I got the message that no CD was in the drive. Express-Burn would eject the CD, and then at the right moment it would insert the CD, but it could not detect the CD. I was able to view the contents of the CD using Windows Explorer, and the files were intact. So my cd drive can at least read files. What I don't know is whether I have a problem with my CD burner, or with the software.

• 4 months later...
I used to have 'easy cd creator' on my Dell Pentium running Windows 2000.  It worked for a few years, but now when I put in a CD, it can only record one file.  If I try to put in again to record more files, it freezes.  So rather than buy Easy CD Creator again, I download Express Burn.  Again, I was able to record one file on a new CD, but when I put the CD in again and tried to record some more files, I got the message that no CD was in the drive.  Express-Burn would eject the CD, and then at the right moment it would insert the CD, but it could not detect the CD.  I was able to view the contents of the CD using Windows Explorer, and the files were intact.  So my cd drive can at least read files.  What I don't know is whether I have a problem with my CD burner, or with the software.

maybe it records one file, so you won't be able to record any more info on that cd and I don't know why it would only burn one file. Also sounds like you are closing the session or as in finalizing the cd which will cause you not to put any more info on it.