M-Audio Fast Track Ultra

Sbte2I

I am using a M-Audio Fast Track Ultra to record MSRS on a laptop computer running XP. The software mixer that is part of the driver installed on the laptop recognizes four channels on the Fast Track Ultra. However, MSRS detects the M-Audio Fast Track Ultra as stereo having only two channels. I saw another post that indicated they were able to record all four channels from the M-Audio Fast Track Ultra on a machine running XP.

As a patch, I record two channels from the M-Audio Fast Track Ultra and two channels from the internal sound card.

Does anyone know how to get MSRS to detect all four channels from the M-Audio Fast Track Ultra?

• 4 weeks later...

MSRS detects the M-Audio Fast Track Ultra as stereo having only two channels.

We're looking into how to fix this issue. In the meantime, I suggest everyone having this problem report it using the Help -> "Send Bug Report" menu item, to help us prioritise based on demand. Make sure to supply your email address so we can notify you when it's fixed.

• 5 months later...

We're looking into how to fix this issue. In the meantime, I suggest everyone having this problem report it using the Help -> "Send Bug Report" menu item, to help us prioritise based on demand. Make sure to supply your email address so we can notify you when it's fixed.

Hello, I am also having this same problem with the same external USB 2.0 sound card (the M-Audio FastTrack Ultra). Please correct this problem. I will be using the Help - Send Bug Report option as well. However, I sure hope I will not need to pay for the new version with this fixed?

• 9 months later...