Want to convert audio mp3 to word file

tejassuthar

Hi friends,

I am new to this software users list. I want to convert audio mp3 file to Microsoft Word file. I have installed Scribe Express software. Imported mp3 file into workspace also.. But then what to do, so that mp3 file gets converted into word file...?

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks in Advance....

- Tejas ( M.Sc. CA & IT )

But then what to do, so that mp3 file gets converted into word file...?

To do it manually: Load the audio file then click the "Open or create word-processor document" icon and start typing.

OR

To do it semi-automatically: Install a speech-to-text engine (eg. Dragon NaturallySpeaking), enable and configure speech recognition in Options -> "Speech to Text", load the audio file, wait for the conversion to finish, then copy and paste the resulting text from the Notes window into your word-processor document (and correct all the mistakes).

"Load the audio file then click the "Open or create word-processor document" icon and start typing."

Just where is this "Open or create word-processor document" icon? I certainly haven't seen it, nor is "Speech Recognition" mentioned anywhere in the Contents. If your alternate solution is to purchase the Dragon software, what's the point of using WavePad?

Just where is this "Open or create word-processor document" icon?

Sixth icon from the left on the small tool-bar.

nor is "Speech Recognition" mentioned anywhere in the Contents.

It's listed in the help contents as "Options ~ Speech to Text".

If your alternate solution is to purchase the Dragon software, what's the point of using WavePad?

WavePad?

Even if you choose to use a speech-to-text engine to generate a first draft, Express Scribe is still useful for proof-reading and corrections, and it's work-flow features.

Sorry dl, while I was in the WordPad Forum, I entered "Speech Recognition" in the search field and got beamed out into the Express Scribe Forum. I posted my above comments thinking (erroneously) that WordPad handled Speech to Text. Based on your reply, this Express Scribe looked interesting, so I downloaded it thinking that it would do what Dragon software does, that is, convert speech into text. Wrong. It will transcribe speech to text if you also get Dragon software, or some other speech to text "engine". Even if Express Scribe is still useful for proof-reading, etc. doesn't the fact that you still must purchase Dragon kind of put a damper on Express Scribe?