Over Payments

GrahamW

I quite ofter get clients that when they pay they tell me to hold the change and take it off the next invoice. If for instance a invoice may total $42 and the clients hands me $50 and I then apply a payment of $50 against their invoice, whis part works well but it all goes horribly wrong when it comes time to invoice the client again for another purchase.

I have tried to produce a statement first to get the correct amount owing, this reflects the correct amount for the new invoice minus the overpayment from the previous invoice but.

eg

if the new invoice is $100 after I run a statement and it shows they only owe $92 because the $8 was carried over from the previous invoice. However it all goes wrong if you look at the customer name and then actual invoice it still shows they owe $100 and I can't get the totals to match up anymore if a person over pays

Am I just doing this wrong or is this something that is not supported yet. If it is not supported yet can we have this one added to the list please.

Graham

• 6 years later...

7 years later, and I'm having the exact same issue. Has this ever been addressed?

A client overpays.. I enter the payment.. Express Invoice tells me that the overpayment has been saved, and yet their next invoice does NOT reflect the overpayment.. What gives?