Where are my files?

Guest Nick P

As part of a plan to reformat and rebuild my PC I used Express Burn to copy the contents of my WinXP Pictures folder onto CD.

Because the whole collection was too big I chose to Remove one 90Mb folder and burnt the rest onto CD successfully, planning to copy that folder and some other files onto another CD.

I now cannot find this 90Mb folder anywhere on my system nor access my Pictures folder and I have now lost a year of important data and pictures.

Any suggestions, NCH?

Nick P

Just so everyone is warned, Express Burn does not COPY files from hard disk to CD but MOVES them from hard disk to CD. It then deletes any reference to the files on your PC.

If Express Burn does not copy a file correctly you have lost it because you do not have the luxury of going back and trying again.

If you choose to REMOVE a file from within a folder you plan to burn to disc, EB will put it back in the folder on your PC. When you do the final copyburn EB then deletes the folder from your PC, thus erasing that file permanently (not into the Recycle Bin but PERMANENTLY).

I have recovered some of my lost pictures using PC Inspector but the majority are gone. The same goes for my collection of videos and music.

Express Burn is not worth the hassle, go and pay for something like Nero.

Nick P