Same Task under different Accounts...broken?

rcrawley

:mellow: Hi All - Been using HourGuard for more than a year now. Really like it. Thanks for making it freely available... and yes I have looked at your other products too because I like HourGuard.

I've been recording billable time to the same named Tasks under different Accounts for more than a year now, but suddenly I cannot. I get a help bubble that says Task already exists. Is this something new? I'm pretty sure that I recently downloaded the latest version, is this now a rule in the newest version v1.34?

I don't think its a case of operator error, but I remain er uh open minided.

Many thanks for any help.

• 1 year later...

I've been recording billable time to the same named Tasks under different Accounts for more than a year now, but suddenly I cannot.

I just started using Hour Guard, v1.37, and noticed the same problem. I've just started working as a contractor and I want to have tasks with the same name under each account.

For example, when I have a request for services, my first task is "Preliminary investigation" where I look at the company's web site, enter the name in Google, and so on to find out who they are and what their business is. Right now I'm getting around it by appending the company name ("Preliminary investigation - companyName"), but I prefer just having a standard name.

• 7 months later...

Hi,

HourGuard is really amazing and easy to use software. But this problem is almost showstopper for me. Now I always have to prepend my subtask with some unique string, which is very annoying. Is this by design so or is it just a bug?

Thanks

• 2 years later...