Date of Invoice Item

Kaygee46

I have a small consulting business and I've been using my own Excel invoice form, but it is only an invoice and doesn't handle payments and outstandings etc so yesterday I downloaded the free version of Express Invoices (2.16).

As far as I can see there's no way to include the date of a service against that item on the invoice. If I visit a client three times in a week, or ten times in a month, I want to show the dates of those service visits against the relevant items on the weekly or monthly invoice.

Can this be done, and can the discount column be removed? I don't offer any discounts, but having this on the invoice makes it look as though I do, but not for this client. It looks bad to the client who then asks for the discount.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Flyfisher's suggestion is good. Here is another suggestion:

Create a separate invoice for each of the service date, and generate a 'customer statement'. Customer statement can be generated as following:

- Go to 'View' -> 'Customers',

- In the customers list window, select the desired customer, right-click on it and select 'Statement'

- It lets you preview, print, email and save the statement.

If you view the statement, you can see that the first column is date column for each of the invoices.