Slide show DVD

RobbieG

• 4 weeks later...
Hi All, I just put a slide show together and it wont play on the DVD player but will play on the computer. After trying twice I'm about to give up and it's just a wast of DVDs. :(

Any help would be appreciated?

I confirm, the DVDs won't play in a DVD player. What you can do, RobbieG, is to save the video as an .avi file and use another program to make the dvd. (I've tried "AVI to ISO").

• 2 years later...

The following is a copy of a post I made on another string. It might be of interest to you.

I am having similar problems after burning a DVD.

The DVD WILL play on a cheap DVD player but will not play on my main Panasonic DVD Recorder/Player. I keep receiving the message "Incompatible TV System Setting".

I have tried various DVD's (DVD-R, DVD-R/W, DVD+R/W) of various manufacture. All give the same results. Burning slide shows or movies with other programs using the same discs present no problems.

However, and this is the interesting point, If I copy the "problem" discs, using Ashampoo or other copy programs, to any other blank disc, the "newly copied" disc WILL play with no problem.

• 4 weeks later...

I just purchased this product, and after some initial difficulty I was able to create a useable DVD of my slide show. I have two DVD players, an older Bose 3-2-1 system which will not play the DVD and a newer inexpensive standard DVD player which does play the DVD. I used the default DVD settings and burned to a DVD+R disc. While I disagree that the resulting images are of "High-definition" quality (they are NOT what I see on my computer monitor) my main issue is with the sound quality. I am playing through a Bose system and the sound delivered is decidedly shallow - not at all CD or DVD quality.

While this doesn't solve RobbieG's issue it does support the fact that Photostage will create useable DVDs - just not of the advertised quality. As to RobbieG's comment that "it wont play on the DVD player but will play on the computer..." I can only say that computer discs and DVDs are two different animals. Generally, computer discs won't play in DVD players but DVDs will play in computers with the proper drive and software. Did RobbieG make a computer-only disc when he intended to make a DVD?

• 4 years later...

Looks like I just wasted $40 and countless hours. I have made DVD slideshows on an older computer but it was hard to move the slides around and I could not add comments to blank slides. So, I thought this program was great EXCEPT that the DVD will not play on TV which is what I want.

• 6 months later...

This issue was already reported to NCH Software's developers and testing is going to be done to try finding the source of the issue. At this moment there is no estimated time when the issue would be addressed but is likely that with a new version it will be resolved. 

• 3 years later...

I am having the same problem.  I have a DVD RW disk with the files on it, but it will not work on my tv.  What is it I need to do to be able to give a copy of my home photos slide show to my relatives if they cannot view it on their television set.

• 1 month later...

I have PhotoStage and Express Burn by NCH, hoping to make high quality slide shows.  I cannot burn a decent DVD.  I have tried every possible combination and the DVD (even bought a new DVD player) comes out grainy with very low quality.  I posted the slide show on YouTube and it worked fine.  BUT I want DVD of my slide shows.  Getting very frustrated.