Email Invoices

GrahamW

I have had a lot of complaints form clients that when I email an invoice to them from EI they cant read it all because parts are overlapped. Especially what is written in the footer where I have my payment options for the client. I have also noted if you have an invoice with over about 5 or 6 items it also overlaps the descriptions as well

Has anyone else got this issue. To test it just pick any invoice and then email it to yourself, make sure you have a few lines in the footer part and you should see it.

Graham

• 2 weeks later...
Here is a link to see the issue http://www.computers.homeip.net/inv1016.pdf

You can see in the description area and also down the bottom in the foother area. The funny thing is it prints perfect it is only when EI creates the PDF file it does this.

Anyone got any suggestions and hopefully NCH can fix the issue

Graham

I've been reporting this since version 2.14

I have a poor work around that i do. (this happens if you Save it as well)

instead, i Print it out, scan it back in, then email it out to my customer. (shredding the paper copy) i do NOT delete the invoice, until paid...in case i have to resend.

I just reported this same issue again, for 2.18 as well as 2.16 both in forums, and to support directly.

I also tried to update adobe reader 8.1.6 to version 9.0 then 9.1 to see if that was the issue. it was not.

Hoping this gets resolved eventually.

gk

I've been reporting this since version 2.14

I have a poor work around that i do. (this happens if you Save it as well)

instead, i Print it out, scan it back in, then email it out to my customer. (shredding the paper copy) i do NOT delete the invoice, until paid...in case i have to resend.

I just reported this same issue again, for 2.18 as well as 2.16 both in forums, and to support directly.

I also tried to update adobe reader 8.1.6 to version 9.0 then 9.1 to see if that was the issue. it was not.

Hoping this gets resolved eventually.

gk

actually, looking at Your image, yours isnt as bad as mine...hm. mine the descriptions are completely overwritten, while yours are just really really close. (at the bottom yours overwrites slighly...while mine does not.)

wonder if there is a FONT option to change, to temp fix this issue...hm.

Must be built in somewhere.

gk

If anyone else has this issue where the footer of your invoice is all overlapped and unreadable here is a quick fix.

Type in your footer as per normal and place a full stop between the lines.

eg:

Here is some footer text on the first line

this would be line two of your footer text

this would be line 2 of your footer text

I have found it only seems to happen on longer lines, so the easy way to find out make your footer then email a blank invoice to yourself and see if anything is overlapped. If it is just add the full stop like in my sample above.

This was such a frustrating issue and I got so many complaints from customers they couldn't read my bank details and this was the only way I can find around it so far.

hope others can benifit from this.

Graham

its a shame the programme manufacturer doesnt give a bit more support to these kind of issues if they want to try and presuade us to buy the product, many problems dont seem to get answered or resolved on this board, or its its me?

If you look at the top of the forum you will see a post that states that this isn't a support forum. You can contact support and make suggestions through the help file in each of our programs. I think you will also find (if you read through the forums more) that we do pay attention to what you guys are saying on here and try to incorporate as much as possible. Many suggestions made through these forums find their way into products and many problems have been resolved through these forums as well.

One work around to the problem you guys are facing could be to find a 3rd party print to pdf application, then just print the invoice as a pdf and email it separately. I know this isn't a solution but until we resolve why the pdf is not viewing correctly, it's better than printing the pdf on paper and scanning it back in.

Hi Graham

I am using version 2.14 and at times, I do experienced such issues.

One other frustrating thing is the the description column is simply too short i.e. it allows only 5 to 6 lines of wordings..so my if I have an item that has a long specifications, I have a problem.

Do you have any way to get around it?

Cheers

JC

• 5 years later...