Moving portions of Track

Peaches1468

1. I'm trying to sync my track to a slideshow and am having a difficult time trying to insert and/or move songs in my track exactly where I wanted them. I have four songs in my track, and I wanted to put Song 3 to begin at 15:08. I tried using the Edit: Set Specified Time option, but either it doesn't work, or I'm not using it right because it doesn't move, and I don't get any kind of an error message. I tried highlighting that particular song and using that command, entering the exact time I wanted it to start & end, and it doesn't do anything.

2. I also don't see an option to be able to just slide the song down on the timeline, either. What's the easiest way to put a song where you want it to go??

3. If I have more than one song in a track, do I cut a portion of ONE song, instead of the rest of the whole track if I want to edit a portion of one song in the track? I edited one song by itself in Wavepad and pasted it into my project with the other three songs. But when I inserted it and then inserted a portion of silence between songs 2 and 3, the last few seconds of Song 2 ended up right at the beginning of Song 3. I can't seem to just be able to cut that portion off and/or paste it back where it belongs without cutting all the other songs off the track. <_<

• 4 years later...