Downloading failed

DaveS

All of a sudden I cannot download video from YouTube, I get "Downloading failed" in the status line. This is a bummer. Any insight as to why this might be happening?

Hmmm?.... I guess I'm outa luck. <_< Thanks anyway everyone.

Dave

Well guess what...the above happened to me and I too uninstalled and reinstalled the newer version and now they put the download and convert together. When it downloads it goes automatically to the convert stage and now I have "convert error". I can't find any information on the web to fix it. Let me know if anyone out there finds one ok?

• 2 weeks later...
I had same problem. I uninstalled flashlynx and re-installed and it seems to be a new version. Whatever, it works perfectly again. Worth a try.

Awesome! That worked. I even like the new version too.

Thanks everyone!

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
Guest N.C.H a.n
Well guess what...the above happened to me and I too uninstalled and reinstalled the newer version and now they put the download and convert together. When it downloads it goes automatically to the convert stage and now I have "convert error". I can't find any information on the web to fix it. Let me know if anyone out there finds one ok?

Hi,

If you are getting a conversion error, change the file type that you are converting the video to.

Try using AVI and then click the encoder settings and set the video compressor to mpeg4(native) and the audio to mp3(Native).

There was also a new version released just the other day that should fix this problem you are having.

After 14 days there are certain features that will expire.

But the new version is still free.