Video but no audio

brayz.e

when i convert .flv files to .mp4 the video converts successfully but there is no audio.

i have successfully converted .flv files to .mp4 in the past, with both video and audio working. i believe the problem has something to do with the "AAC Decoder" because i remember an error message coming up about it previosly, and ever since then the audio has not been working. i even tried converting .flv files that i previously converted successfully and found that they did not have audio (even though i had converted them with audio before).

i downloaded a new "AAC Decoder 2" but still no audio comes out. and whenever i click "Convert" the following message pops up..

"Component "AAC Decoder 2" has been installed."

i already tried going into options, and then ticking the option on the conversion tab to "Use ffmpeg first" and it did not work.

please help

• 1 month later...
when i convert .flv files to .mp4 the video converts successfully but there is no audio.

i have successfully converted .flv files to .mp4 in the past, with both video and audio working. i believe the problem has something to do with the "AAC Decoder" because i remember an error message coming up about it previosly, and ever since then the audio has not been working. i even tried converting .flv files that i previously converted successfully and found that they did not have audio (even though i had converted them with audio before).

i downloaded a new "AAC Decoder 2" but still no audio comes out. and whenever i click "Convert" the following message pops up..

"Component "AAC Decoder 2" has been installed."

i already tried going into options, and then ticking the option on the conversion tab to "Use ffmpeg first" and it did not work.

please help

Hello my friend seems this is possibly one of the most unhelpfull forums on the net. Lots of people seem to have the same or similar problems and lots view the posts,but getting a response seems unlikley. It may be no one has the answer. I suspect if you pay for technical help you may get the same answer "Use ffmpeg first". This seems to be the standard answer , but does not actually help or solve the issue. The next answer would probably tell us its our computer system is at fault!!!!!!!!!! so there you have it is our fault. Good luck lets hope someone out there can actually solve this for us/you. Martin

• 3 weeks later...
Hello my friend seems this is possibly one of the most unhelpfull forums on the net. Lots of people seem to have the same or similar problems and lots view the posts,but getting a response seems unlikley. It may be no one has the answer. I suspect if you pay for technical help you may get the same answer "Use ffmpeg first". This seems to be the standard answer , but does not actually help or solve the issue. The next answer would probably tell us its our computer system is at fault!!!!!!!!!! so there you have it is our fault. Good luck lets hope someone out there can actually solve this for us/you. Martin

I have at last been partially successful here by reducing the birate in the encoder settings from the default 128 down to 64. This works fine all through the converted DVD. However my Walkman wants a size of 320x 240 for the video this works fine with Real player downloads and downloaded TV but the dvds are comming out using full height of the screen but only a third of the width in the center. !!! bemused

• 2 months later...

Had the same problem converting mkv to mp4 files, just using the default preset for PS3, getting no sound. Well did not solve it so I decided to move completely to Handbrake. This has now full 64 bit support and just fly. A movie on my Mac converted in 30 mins, not in days like with Prism.

• 1 year later...

I also have the problem that when converting any video to any video the audio was lost. However, if I convert the video to mp3 and then convert video to video, provided that the audio mp3 is in the same folder, with the same file name (except, obviously, the mp3 suffix) the the video audio worked.

Go figure.

• 1 month later...

I tried many things and here is what I got to work. across the top of the converter ui is an options tab between "remove all" and "play". go there and click on the conversions tab. select "use ffmpeg decoder". I got audio after doing this.

vf

• 7 years later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/20/2011 at 3:34 AM, victorfrost said:

I tried many things and here is what I got to work. across the top of the converter ui is an options tab between "remove all" and "play". go there and click on the conversions tab. select "use ffmpeg decoder". I got audio after doing this.

vf

thankyou VF that fixed audio issue for me

walkmag

• 9 months later...

What you can try is doing a clean install and delete all the cache of the program. Uninstall your software first, then go to the folder location below on your computer then delete the Prism folder folders:

C:\ProgramData\NCH Software
C:\Users\(Your computer profile)\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Prism

If you can't find the AppData folder, set Windows to show hidden files and folders with the steps from this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files.

After deleting the Prism older, restart your computer then install it again from the next link:

If you still getting issues, you can  send all the files and information here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html?software=Prism&support