3 replies to this topic

#1 Voxus

Voxus

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:36 AM

My encoding options don't work. An AVI captured with a screen-capture program called Fraps doesn't work in my editor, so I convert the video to AVI before I import it into the editor to get rid of the foreign Fraps codec. I am trying to convert Fraps AVI to regular AVI and keep the quality, but when I select the Fraps Decompressor option and hit convert it gives me an error saying: "Could not setup output file" in the  Other Information column. This happens to almost every other video compressor I select. The ones that do work have very crappy quality. Help?

#2 Guest_N.C.H a.n_*

Guest_N.C.H a.n_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2009 - 05:38 AM

View PostVoxus, on Jun 19 2009, 02:36 PM, said:

My encoding options don't work. An AVI captured with a screen-capture program called Fraps doesn't work in my editor, so I convert the video to AVI before I import it into the editor to get rid of the foreign Fraps codec. I am trying to convert Fraps AVI to regular AVI and keep the quality, but when I select the Fraps Decompressor option and hit convert it gives me an error saying: "Could not setup output file" in the  Other Information column. This happens to almost every other video compressor I select. The ones that do work have very crappy quality. Help?
Hi,

Please try ffdshow (google), or tick the option on the conversion tab in options to "use ffmpeg first". (pc version)

Thankyou

#3 Voxus

Voxus

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 06:42 PM

View PostN.C.H a.n, on Jun 21 2009, 11:38 PM, said:

Hi,

Please try ffdshow (google), or tick the option on the conversion tab in options to "use ffmpeg first". (pc version)

Thankyou

I already had ffmpeg first, I'll try the ffdshow...

#4 xRay

xRay

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:22 PM

The ones that do work have very crappy quality

It seems that all output of this program is crab.
At least in the free version, you can put even HD in it
and out comes some piyeled garbage.