Seperating Tracks

rocsell

I have 30 songs on a plylist and have them all fading in/out....when I burn this list to a CD, it shows up as ONE massive mp3 file so I cannot skip from one song to the next. is there a way of burning my playlist so that each song is listed seperatley (just like on a retail CD)?

Thx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I believe that you "MUST" leave a gap of some duration from the end of one track to the beginning of the next track if you are trying to make your own music CD. I tried overlapping the beginning and ends of live tunes to give a continuous live concert feel to my CD and all the CD players read it as one long track. I am thinking that the only way a CD player can distinguish between one song to the next is by the gap in between songs. I am experimenting now on just how short you can make that gap before it's too short for a normal CD player. But I believe if your running one song into the beginning of the next song with no gap in between it's going to read as one track(song) not two separate tracks(songs).

I am not sure what the issues discussed with the original post were exactly, nor certain how it relates to MixPad, but – there is definitely no need to have any silence whatsoever between tracks when burning a cd. If you desire to discuss this further I’m in, but primarily I thought it prudent to herein dismiss the notion put forth.

It is not necessary to have gaps between tracks to burn a cd with separate tracks!

• 2 years later...