4 replies to this topic

#1 rocsell

rocsell

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:20 AM

I have 30 songs on a plylist and have them all fading in/out....when I burn this list to a CD, it shows up as ONE massive mp3 file so I cannot skip from one song to the next.  is there a way of burning my playlist so that each song is listed seperatley (just like on a retail CD)?

Thx

#2 Sketch505

Sketch505

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:05 PM

were you able to find the answer to this question....I have the same question & have not been able to find the solution yet

#3 weyuo

weyuo

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:46 PM

I believe that you "MUST" leave a gap of some duration from the end of one track to the beginning of the next track if you are trying to make your own music CD. I tried overlapping the beginning and ends of live tunes to give a continuous live concert feel to my CD and all the CD players read it as one long track. I am thinking that the only way a CD player can distinguish between one song to the next is by the gap in between songs. I am experimenting now on just how short you can make that gap before it's too short for a normal CD player. But I believe if your running one song into the beginning of the next song with no gap in between it's going to read as one track(song) not two separate tracks(songs).

#4 vapors

vapors

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:19 PM

I am not sure what the issues discussed with the original post were exactly, nor certain how it relates to MixPad, but – there is definitely no need to have any silence whatsoever between tracks when burning a cd. If you desire to discuss this further I’m in, but primarily I thought it prudent to herein dismiss the notion put forth.

It is not necessary to have gaps between tracks to burn a cd with separate tracks!

#5 sharpews

sharpews

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:05 AM

I am having the same issue as well.  Has anyone discovered the solution yet?  Would rather have 15 tracks and be able to "tab" through the CD than have one long track.