Manual and other queries

mb0h

Hi,

I've been looking for the right time recorder, and Hour guard is looking like the right one. A couple of queries:

I run a Mac, and there does not seem to be access to the manual

When I try to save a report, nothing happens at the end of the process. ie: it all seems to be working, except that ultimately there is no file in the folder I've saved to.

Is it possible to 'hide' accounts? Some clients might be a one-off, others sometimes come back months later for a different job. In the meantime I would prefer not to have them on the list?

Any assistance would be appreciated,

Regards,

Martin

• 1 month later...

Hi I have the same problem accessing the Help File. Then it opens a drop down screen with the following text : This information is on the Internet. Do you want to connect to the Internet and view it? I click ok. It opens up Help Viewer and then Internet Connect and then stays as a blank page. Any Ideas??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi I have the same problem accessing the Help File. Then it opens a drop down screen with the following text : This information is on the Internet. Do you want to connect to the Internet and view it? I click ok. It opens up Help Viewer and then Internet Connect and then stays as a blank page. Any Ideas??

The help files should be located here C:/Program%20Files/NCH%20Software/HourGuard/Help/index.html

Thanks for this, however it looks like a PC file address. How would this be stored on a Mac?

Regards,

Martin

Thanks for this, however it looks like a PC file address. How would this be stored on a Mac?

Regards,

Martin

Mac Users:

The work around is to right click on the application and select Show Package Contents--> Contents--> Resources--> Help--> index.html

That should get you to the manual.

Vic

• 1 year later...

Yee Gads, I suspect folks are simply giving the pat answer that works for other NCH & Mac Apps. As has been written elsewhere in this Forum apparently there is No Help File

None has been written!

I just wish the folks at NCH would fix their web site so that people don't keep getting caught in the loop searching for it

These two statements don't get you anywhere with HourGuard Help File

See FAQ's on Web site

The Help manual, accessed from within the program

Not that one should complain for the price is certainly right, and the product works like a charm!!