Converting To .ico

Keith W

I am trying to convert a .bmp file to .ico for use as an icon but it fails with an error every time. I have looked through the help files but can find no mention of .ico although it appears in the list of available formats in Pixillion's drop down box. I also found, in the help file, that the problem might be listed in the 'Other Information' column in the Pixillion main window, but that column does not seem to be present.

Keith W

• 1 month later...

Hi Keith,

I tested conversion of .bmp to .ico, and didn't have any problems. That might mean the problem lies with the .bmp you're attempting to convert. It would be helpful in diagnosing the problem if you could email the .bmp image in question to dp@nchsoftware.com.

If the file is large, it would help to zip it.

Dan

I am trying to convert a .bmp file to .ico for use as an icon but it fails with an error every time. I have looked through the help files but can find no mention of .ico although it appears in the list of available formats in Pixillion's drop down box. I also found, in the help file, that the problem might be listed in the 'Other Information' column in the Pixillion main window, but that column does not seem to be present.

Keith W