File size converted to small.. now "Statsfile not found"

babelfreak

Converted a file that was 700mb. From divx to avi (subtitle encoder needed true avi file. Switching extensions didn't work) It converted down to a 80mb file which is way to small. Deleted the file tried to encode again after selecting a larger size in the encoder options. Kept getting error "Statsfile not found" (could not find anything on stasfile in search) Uninstalled software and reinstalled and still get error. Will no longer let me encode. My output file (size) needs to close to the original or just a little lower.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...

I know this is an old post, but unanswered questions bug me, so here goes. All you forum searchers can thank me later.

So, it turns out that there is a very simple fix for the "Statsfile not found" error, and it is in how you are converting the file. When opting for 2-pass conversion (which is recommended for best results with *.avi files using the XviD codec), the first pass must be completed before the 2nd pass can be started. For whatever reason, when selecting the XviD codec, 2nd pass 2-pass conversion is selected by default, which requires the statsfile created from the 1st pass to operate. Within Encoder Options, there is a second button for changing codec settings. Click on this and change 2-Pass 2nd Pass to either 2-Pass 1st Pass or Single Pass. This will eliminate the error and allow your conversion to execute.

As far as your filesize issues go, I've got nothing.

Good Luck!