Soundtap Mac Version - Won't Install Driver

jfknorth

Hi NCH.

Greetings from sunny Sydney. I just bought fully paid for versions of Soundtap, Express Burn, Switch and WavePad on your web site. Cost around $160 Australian dollars.

When I run Soundtap, it tells me it is installing "the required Virtual Audio Recording Driver". But it doesn't install it, instead I get an error message:

"Waiting for automatic driver loading timed out - please go to System Preferences/Sound/Output tab and select Soundtap Recorder as your default output device before you start recording"

- but of course when I try to do that, the driver has not actually been installed so there's nothing to select! I've tried half a dozen times and the same sequence happens every time

Feeling that it's actually quite a lot of money to spend on software which fails to install at the first hurdle! But maybe I've made some simple foolish error? Can you help me? I have a MacBook with a 1.83GHz Intel Core 2 Duo procesor and 2 GB ram, running OSX 10.5.6. And yes, I bought and downloaded the mac intel version.

Best regards

jfknorth

Sydney, Australia

• 4 weeks later...

I too ran into this problem. Were you ever able to resolve it? If so, what did you have to do?

Thanks!

Karch

Hi NCH.

Greetings from sunny Sydney. I just bought fully paid for versions of Soundtap, Express Burn, Switch and WavePad on your web site. Cost around $160 Australian dollars.

When I run Soundtap, it tells me it is installing "the required Virtual Audio Recording Driver". But it doesn't install it, instead I get an error message:

"Waiting for automatic driver loading timed out - please go to System Preferences/Sound/Output tab and select Soundtap Recorder as your default output device before you start recording"

- but of course when I try to do that, the driver has not actually been installed so there's nothing to select! I've tried half a dozen times and the same sequence happens every time

Feeling that it's actually quite a lot of money to spend on software which fails to install at the first hurdle! But maybe I've made some simple foolish error? Can you help me? I have a MacBook with a 1.83GHz Intel Core 2 Duo procesor and 2 GB ram, running OSX 10.5.6. And yes, I bought and downloaded the mac intel version.

Best regards

jfknorth

Sydney, Australia

Guest nchaj

Every time you run SoundTap mac, it will check if you have installed our SoundTap Recorder device drive. If you haven't installed the driver previously it will try to do so. The installation process requires admin access to this mac and it will pop up an dialog asking user for admin user name and password.

If you didn't enter the user name and password, or the user name you're using is not a admin on the mac, installation will fail.

After correctly confirming the admin user name and password, a dialog will open.

If you saw this dialog, but the device drive still doesn't load then it may be due to the mac's slow drive loading process. restart the mac and try again.

if there are still issues please let me know in as much detail as possible

• 2 years later...

I am having the same problem, do we have any answers??? this is the message I receive when the driver does not load, "Important! Waiting for automatic driver loading timed out! Please go to System Preferences --> Sound --> Output Tab, and select SoundTap Recorder as your default output device before you start recording." When I go to the Sound and Output Tab the SoundTap Recorder does not exist. Please help.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Im having the exact same problems and i've notice that this is more than just a coincidence. Theres quite a few of us experiencing these problems. I given the driver download admin access every time it wants to download but it always fails.

Has anyone got a solution yet from NCH????

Any responses would be much appreciated.

• 2 years later...

Im in the same boat and I have just upgraded to OSX Maverick on a new Macbook. I can't manually input the Soundtap recorder into my recording input or output settings. I also ran into a problem that may have been related to the power of my processor and my ram but I couldn't listen while recording.

• 4 months later...

Same story here. I contacted support however NCH charge an additional fee for support (platinum support = telephone) so I do not expect an email answer, if I do receive any then i will post again here.

EDIT:

http://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/12011-soundtap-mac-version-wont-install-driver/

link for PC: http://www.nch.com.au/soundtap/kb/1364.html

link for Mac: No, none of the above questions apply : leads directly to the email form I already filled.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I just completed a new install of the software and launched application IMMEDIATELY - i.e. as soon as it was downloaded. It appears to have installed completely, and correctly, driver and all; contrary to the first attempt at acquiring the software a few weeks ago. THANK YOU for posting the solution!

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone from sunny southern Arizona. I was also having Audio Driver installation problems. I deleted the application and reinstalled it. It worked fine right away. I can tell you that SoundTap DOES NOT LIKE BEING IN A FOLDER INSIDE THE APPLICATIONS FOLDER ON A MAC! As soon as I installed SoundTap directly in the applications folder (on a Mac, don't know about PCs) , and not in a sub-folder, it worked perfectly! I'll let support know they should mention this in the installation notes!