Sony MSV file conversion to Mac compatible MP3

Hi....

I have a Mac and ended up with a Sony recorder, it records using a MSV file format I can’t do a thing with it on my Mac. I’ve been reading about Switch Plus and it did mention that it will convert MSV for me, however, I tried to download a free version to see if it would work and it didn’t open for me.

Therefore, I conclude it’s not made for Mac?

So my question: Can Switch work on a Mac and convert MSV to MP3 or a Mac compatible codex? And or is Switch Plus an update to Switch or is it strictly Windows only?

Any suggestions, comments and opinions are welcome

Thank you in advance...

Catharsis

Hi....

I have a Mac and ended up with a Sony recorder, it records using a MSV file format I can’t do a thing with it on my Mac. I’ve been reading about Switch Plus and it did mention that it will convert MSV for me, however, I tried to download a free version to see if it would work and it didn’t open for me.

Therefore, I conclude it’s not made for Mac?

So my question: Can Switch work on a Mac and convert MSV to MP3 or a Mac compatible codex? And or is Switch Plus an update to Switch or is it strictly Windows only?

Any suggestions, comments and opinions are welcome

Thank you in advance...

Catharsis

I'd like to do the same, I'm a mac user and have an old Sony ICD-MS515 recorder that I use for lectures etc, I've got sony Digital Voice Editor running under VMWare Fusion on my mac converting to .WAV but I'd rather use mac to do everything at the moment I only use windows for this purpose nothing else, I'd rather stay in mac and use this is the "plus" version can convert these formats?

Would this work as above poster has asked to convert .MSV to MP3 ?

• 3 years later...

I'm afraid the ONLY way to accomplish this is to output the file in a different format from the recording device if possible (such as WAV, which can be accessed & dealt with on a Mac, though it isn't ideal) or to use a PC to convert it. The Sony .msv format is well nigh the most annoying proprietary format out there!