Using WavePad for EVP's

shedevildebbie

I use wavepad for evp's in our paranormal group. Some of them I have to slow down and do a noise reduction just to hear them. The evp's sound well enough on the computer, but when I put them on a cd or post through e-mail they will convert back to the original form, how do I save my changed so I can post them on the web or a cd

thanks ,

debbie

I use wavepad for evp's in our paranormal group. Some of them I have to slow down and do a noise reduction just to hear them. The evp's sound well enough on the computer, but when I put them on a cd or post through e-mail they will convert back to the original form, how do I save my changed so I can post them on the web or a cd

thanks ,

debbie

Hi Debbie!

This sounds like one for mulder and scully ;)

Are you saving the files after applying these effects? Also if you burn an Audio CD, any files you've converted to another format will be put back into .wav. You might want to try a Data CD to preserve the current file size and format.

Also make sure you do 'File Save As' to avoid accidentally overwriting the original files in order to preserve them. Probably best to stick the processed ones in a seperate folder and choose mp3 instead of wav.

• 7 years later...

Hi Debbie

I am also using wavepad for evps. My computer crashed and I lost whatever version I had. Had to purchase it again . I am trying to find out why, when I used to be able to zero in on a word by clicking on the scrollbar as it was moving, now when I do that it stops it. How do you zero in on something? I'm a bit of a dinosaur and trying to find these things out. Just wish I could still do what I was doing because it worked great. Thanks for any help if you have time. :)