HIDWatch Read Error 1167 - HELP!

Yesterday morning, my ExpressScribe and Foot Pedal was working fine. Then, for apparently no reason, last night, I was having problems with my food pedal not working. First, it would tell me that no VEC pedal is attached and make sure it is connected. Well, I never disconnected my foot pedal. It was exactly the same as it was in the morning, but now, for some reason, it won't work. I've tried rebooting my system (Restart) as well as shutting down completely and getting back into it. Sometimes it will work for a while, but then I get an error pop up that says, "HIDWatch.DLL" and in the box it says, "HIDWatch Read Error 1167" -- what does that mean? How do I get my foot pedal to work again? Everything is connected fine, so why all of a sudden does my foot pedal just stop working?

I have tried downloading the latest version of ExpressScribe, per one of the recommendations on this forum, and I’m STILL getting the same “HIDWatch.DLL” error.

When I try to open ExpressScribe, I get a popup that says, “No VEC USB pedals are detected. Please check (a) that your pedals are VEC pedals and (B) that they are plugged in.”

Well, obviously, they are VEC pedals because they worked just FINE up until now. And, yes, they are plugged in. I even tried moving them to a different USB port on my PC just in case it was a port problem, rebooted, and it STILL isn’t working. Any suggestions? I’m on a deadline and need to get some work done and I’m just NOT as fast using the hot keys. HELP! :blink:

Can somebody suggest something--ANYTHING--that might help me with this problem??? Thanks. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Yesterday morning, my ExpressScribe and Foot Pedal was working fine. Then, for apparently no reason, last night, I was having problems with my food pedal not working. First, it would tell me that no VEC pedal is attached and make sure it is connected. Well, I never disconnected my foot pedal. It was exactly the same as it was in the morning, but now, for some reason, it won't work. I've tried rebooting my system (Restart) as well as shutting down completely and getting back into it. Sometimes it will work for a while, but then I get an error pop up that says, "HIDWatch.DLL" and in the box it says, "HIDWatch Read Error 1167" -- what does that mean? How do I get my foot pedal to work again? Everything is connected fine, so why all of a sudden does my foot pedal just stop working?

I have tried downloading the latest version of ExpressScribe, per one of the recommendations on this forum, and I’m STILL getting the same “HIDWatch.DLL” error.

When I try to open ExpressScribe, I get a popup that says, “No VEC USB pedals are detected. Please check (a) that your pedals are VEC pedals and (B) that they are plugged in.”

Well, obviously, they are VEC pedals because they worked just FINE up until now. And, yes, they are plugged in. I even tried moving them to a different USB port on my PC just in case it was a port problem, rebooted, and it STILL isn’t working. Any suggestions? I’m on a deadline and need to get some work done and I’m just NOT as fast using the hot keys. HELP! :blink:

Can somebody suggest something--ANYTHING--that might help me with this problem??? Thanks. :)

I am having the EXACT same problem. Everything was working fine and suddenly an HIDWatch.dll error window popped up and I have not been able to use my foot pedal since. I even removed Express Scribe and redownloaded, but no luck. I see your post is from March 20 and you have gotten no reply. Did you get your problem fixed?

• 2 weeks later...

I have NOT gotten a response to date. Is there anybody out there who can help me? I ran ErrorFix to see if I had any hardware errors causing the problem and--lo and behold--my ExpressScribe was working again. For about three weeks. Now, I'm getting the same HIDWatch Read Error 1167 AGAIN and I've done NOTHING different. HELP!