Integrate / call from MS Outlook

RWB

I really like the quality of this product and was hoping there was a way to integrate and make calls from within MS Outlook. Has anyone done this? Any ideas or even suggestions on third-party addins to accomplish this would be appreciated. Thanks...

RWB

• 2 months later...
I really like the quality of this product and was hoping there was a way to integrate and make calls from within MS Outlook. Has anyone done this? Any ideas or even suggestions on third-party addins to accomplish this would be appreciated. Thanks...

RWB

I have never found a way to do that, but there is another SoftPhone that can. It has its own brand of quirks, and the support in nonexistant, but heres the link. http://www.globalipphones.com/eng/content/.../Ninja/pro.html

I have never found a way to do that, but there is another SoftPhone that can. It has its own brand of quirks, and the support in nonexistant, but heres the link. http://www.globalipphones.com/eng/content/.../Ninja/pro.html

Thanks for the info. There is another product out there as well by Counter Path. I am going to try it and see how it works. I was hoping that NCH had a way to integrate Express Talk, but they don't.

• 1 year later...

RWB

I think this problem would resolve with the help of some ways. Most simply of them is the especial utility. The next program is quite proper to my mind. After first using it proved that the program is very effective in this sphere - pst 2gb recovery.

• 3 weeks later...

RWB

I agree, I don't care to use Outlook but I use a CRM system that we invest a lot of time and money into. It has a TAPI compliant connector. Which is the same technology that Microsoft Outlook uses. So if they fixed it for you it could work for me too. Express Talk does everything I want it to do, except integrate with my TAPI compliant CRM. Unfortunately this is such a big feature I need I'll have to switch. :( Too bad, I love the Express talk interface better than all others out there.

• 2 years later...

I wrote an Outlook AddIn that integrates with ET. It doesn't use TAPI (which I think might be an anagram for PITA) :-) Rather, it uses ET's command line-based IPC. It dynamically creates a "split button" control in the contact editor window (aka, inspector) with a drop-down menu, one item for each phone number stored in the contact. For Outlook 2010 and newer, it also creates the identical element in the context menu when you right-click a contact item in a list. (See screen cap below.)

It support Outlook 2007 and newer. Before dialing it strips any formatting characters, and if the first digit isn't "1" it prefixes the number automatically. (I realize this will break international calls -- I'm thinking I'll add a checkbox to the ribbon to make it easy to enable/disable, and possibly even persisting that preference per-contact (in a UserProperty.)

The working name at the moment is ExpressTalkDialer, but that may change (if NCH views this as a trademark infringement.) If anyone is interested, please post here. I should have something ready to go in a few weeks.

-Mark McGinty

etaddin.png

• 1 year later...