Slice doesn't work

Mahanav

hello everybody,

I've tried to slice a big audio file into individual files using silence detection.

I set the duration to 2 seconds, and as it starts splitting I get the message that it's "splitting file 02 out of 26", which sounds great.

Only I get one file out of the 26!

Where are the rest?

What is the "threshold"?

Thanx

• 1 month later...
Guest MichaelJee

Hi,

The threshold is the volume threshold for the silence detect. You will need to often tweak it, to get it working correctly for each time of file.

Hope this answers your query.

Cheers

M

hello everybody,

I've tried to slice a big audio file into individual files using silence detection.

I set the duration to 2 seconds, and as it starts splitting I get the message that it's "splitting file 02 out of 26", which sounds great.

Where are the rest?

What is the "threshold"?

Thanx

Same problem. I used Slice to take a CD-length .wav file (761 MB, 1hr 15 min length) and split into files based on 2 seconds of silence with the default -25 db silence threshold. It only creates one segment, labeled as "Part 02 of 17". 17 segments sounds about right, but there is no part 1 or parts 03 through 17 either. Part 02 does seem to be a valid segment though. I've tried different time intervals and silence thresholds, and while the number of parts changes, it always creates Part 02 and nothing else.

hello everybody,

Where are the rest?

What is the "threshold"?

Thanx

• 3 weeks later...

Same thing here. Out of two test files which both have 7 loops separated with silence I get only 1 loop per file:

01-AudioTrack 01 Part 2 of 7.wav

02-AudioTrack 02 Part 2 of 7.wav

The %Max% is right, but only one loop comes out. Bug with the %Autonumber% or something else?

----EDIT----

I investigated a little more and it seems it's always the last loop that is written to disk. My guess is that the %AutoNumber% really is to blame here. It's always "2" and the other 6 loops get overwritten. Also on "Output Details" tab it says that you should be able to change the amount of digits on autonumber with a number + comma, but it doesn't work for me. The only thing that works is %,AutoNumber% (%Autonumber% without comma doesn't work). That certainly seems like a bug.

Also it's only the "silence detection" method that doesn't work. Other two work just fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am trying it out too and I have the exact same problem. It only creates the second track. It would seem to me that if you are putting freeware out there to promote your products that are for sale that you would want the freeware to actually work. but maybe that's me.

• 3 weeks later...

:angry:

I had the same problems as Muhanev!

I was so pleased to find "Slice" but was really disappointed and then angry when I attempted to use it. It simply does not work: I have wasted hours trying to see if I could get it to function.

There is a saying "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" but NCH Software, including this "Slice horse", appears to be a dead loss!!!!

I was prepared to pay if NCH Software did the job but none of the programs I have tried seem to work.

Jumamoja

• 2 years later...