OpenVMS - file handling (it doesn't)

Gremlin

Connecting to an OpenVMS server, I can see the directory contents, but all the file sizes are 0, copying any file returns an empty file with other VMS-related strangeness. For example, a valid filename in OpenVMS is in the format name.extension;version - name and extension can be any alphanumeric combination and some other things, such as - _ $ but not space....version is the version number, by default OpenVMS will keep up to 32767 copies of a file and just add 1 to the version number - but I digress.

So, file sizes show as 0, copied files are empty and also contain the version number on OSX/WXP as part of the file extension e.g a VMS file called spreadsheet.xls;1 should be ftpd to OSX/WXP as spreadsheet.xls - in other words, drop the version and don't make it part of the filename extension. Easy to do, drop anything from (and including) the ; in the file specification.

Please?

Connecting to an OpenVMS server, I can see the directory contents, but all the file sizes are 0, copying any file returns an empty file with other VMS-related strangeness.

I think you should use the "Send Bug Report" item in Fling's Help menu to report this. And if you can provide an FTP account name and password in the bug report then I'm sure the problem will found & fixed a lot quicker. We don't need access to your files - an empty directory of our own with write access would suffice. Thanks!