CD Burning Problems

jaj

Golden Records (GR) defaults to an alphabetical sort. You can alter the sort to be by date and time by clicking on the date/time column. That will hopefully solve your problem if you are burning your CD directly from GR.

Personally, I use NCH Express Burn and individually load each .wav file or .mp3 file in the order that I want them burned. No mistakes that way.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

• 4 weeks later...

"Personally, I use NCH Express Burn and individually load each .wav file or .mp3 file in the order that I want them burned. No mistakes that way."

I've been trying this but with no success.

When I try to add the split files using Express Burn, I can't get to them. The split files are stored in app data>roaming>NCH Swift Sound>Golden.

However, when I try to open that location from Express Burn>Add Files, I cannot.

This is where I get stopped: app data>roaming>microsoft.

There's a microsoft folder with subfolders, but there's not an NCH Swift Sound folder.

Any help with this?

Thanks,

Allen

"Personally, I use NCH Express Burn and individually load each .wav file or .mp3 file in the order that I want them burned. No mistakes that way."

When I try to add the split files using Express Burn, I can't get to them. The split files are stored in app data>roaming>NCH Swift Sound>Golden.

However, when I try to open that location from Express Burn>Add Files, I cannot.

There's a microsoft folder with subfolders, but there's not an NCH Swift Sound folder.

Any help with this?

Thanks,

Allen

Allen:

Like you, I don't burn from within Golden Records, but manually load the files using Express Burn Plus in the order I want. In my case, I move the files out of the Golden folder and dump them into User/Music and I have no problems grabbing the files from there. I actually record using a laptop, but do my burning from my main desktop computer. I transfer the files from the laptop to the main desktop using a flash memory card, so I have never encountered your issue, because I never tried to burn from the Golden folder on the laptop. The "solution" of moving the files to the User\Music folder might be more work, but it does work, at least for me. Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

• 2 years later...

This was driving me crazy today as well - even after I added 37 tracks individually to the burn list, the software burned the CD in alphabetical order instead of sorting it by track. However, my other options for burning CDs are even more frustrating (Windows Media Player, Roxio), so I ended up just renaming the beginning of each track (01, 02, etc.) and that solved the problem.

I have noted that the CD track sequence is not the same as those copied from the vinyl. Is there a fix for this?

• 3 weeks later...

I always set the destination folder at the start of a project, and name/rename each file as I go along.

After putting it the test, I find I rather like Express Burn(v 4.52)and have had no problems using it.

Sometime I find that when selcting a number of files at once, the order can get mixed when dragging; I always drag a list of files from the top, and always review the track order (and settings) each time I burn, regardless of whatever I have hopefully set as the default. vapors

• 7 years later...
On 1/19/2009 at 8:06 PM, Flopsymahalia said:

However, when I try to open  Vidmate iTunes Notepad++that location from Express Burn>Add Files, I cannot.

Any help with this?

Thanks,

Allen

Golden Records (GR) defaults to an alphabetical sort. You can alter the sort to be by date and time by clicking on the date/time column. That will hopefully solve your problem if you are burning your CD directly from GR.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...