No Sound on Burned DVD's

imbatman

I've burned a few DVD's using EXpress Burn, and they all look great, but there is no sound. I am using mostly AVI files. What am I doing wrong?

I had the same problem on my first try at converting AVI to DVD with Express Burn, picture but no sound.

I decided to try NCH's Prism Video Converter to first convert the AVI file to another format, and then to DVD. First I tried converting to MPG format and then burn to DVD. I ended up with good sound but a dual layered picture. Next I tried converting to WMV and then to DVD but got the same thing, fine sound but dual picture.

After several attempts with different settings I went back to simply burning the AVI file to DVD but changed the aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9 (even though this is a video from 1983) and changed the encoded setting to custom, leaving the Bitrates unchanged, but checking the "Interlaced Video" box.

Once I did that I ended up with a video which plays great on my DVD player including both picture and sound.

I hope that helps.

:rolleyes:

Regards

• 1 month later...
I had the same problem on my first try at converting AVI to DVD with Express Burn, picture but no sound.

I decided to try NCH's Prism Video Converter to first convert the AVI file to another format, and then to DVD. First I tried converting to MPG format and then burn to DVD. I ended up with good sound but a dual layered picture. Next I tried converting to WMV and then to DVD but got the same thing, fine sound but dual picture.

After several attempts with different settings I went back to simply burning the AVI file to DVD but changed the aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9 (even though this is a video from 1983) and changed the encoded setting to custom, leaving the Bitrates unchanged, but checking the "Interlaced Video" box.

Once I did that I ended up with a video which plays great on my DVD player including both picture and sound.

I hope that helps.

:rolleyes:

Regards

Hey guys!!........i keep having the same problem ie; video is perfect just!!....... "NO SOUND" i made those adjustments you recomended { :D "thank you}

however,...still no sound!!......anyone no how to rectify this glitch???????????.......... :Dmuch apreciated

also kudos too the software it is easy to use i highly recomend the products :) i am certain this is just one of those silly nuiances!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest N.C.H a.n
Hey guys!!........i keep having the same problem ie; video is perfect just!!....... "NO SOUND" i made those adjustments you recomended { :D "thank you}

however,...still no sound!!......anyone no how to rectify this glitch???????????.......... :Dmuch apreciated

also kudos too the software it is easy to use i highly recomend the products :) i am certain this is just one of those silly nuiances!

Try selecting a different encoder using the encoder options button.

Does it have no sound when playing through a dvd player, or through media player or vlc media player?

2: Try the latest version on our website and see if that helps.

3: send me a personal message and I will progress things from there. :)

Thankyou

• 7 years later...

Try selecting a different encoder using the encoder options button.

Does it have no sound when playing through a dvd player, or through media player or vlc media player?

2: Try the latest version on our website and see if that helps.

3: send me a personal message and I will progress things from there. smile.gif

Thankyou

I'm jumpin in' because I have this problem as well, I treid the adjustmens suggested by Intero, but it didn't work. The DVD appears to have sound when played in WMP but not if I play it in my dvd player. I believe the file i'm trying to convert has a .wav format audio, while the video is .mkv. I don't see any audio encoding option in my Express Burn. Hope you can help.