Express Burn stopped burning

Babs

:( I have ripped and burned a few cds successfully with NCH Express (free version - just testing before I buy). It was the most successful I'd tried, but suddenly it won't complete a burn. I've wasted several cds: it burns 4-5 tracks, then ejects the cd saying 'try a slower burn speed'. I'm using Philips CD-R80 (52x) - have got the speed down to 20x but it doesn't make any difference. Any suggestions? I'm loath to buy a system that is unreliable.

I am having the very same problem as BABS. I am running XP Pro w/service pack 2. The machine runs on Pentium 4 1.7 Ghz but only 256 Mb RAM. I tried this Express Burn V 1.08 for the first time and got excellent results but when I tried again, I got only 3 or 4 songs then the program would abort and suggest different media or slower speed. I have tried several different media brands and various speeds to no avail. The songs recorded up to the abort would play but the termination of the burn would leave a loud noise on the CD a few seconds after the last song then nothing more would burn on this disk. One time I got 3 songs before termination, next try got 4 songs and 3rd try got twelve songs before it quit. This was all using the same material i.e. songs. My burner is an Atapi CD-RW 40/12/48X. I certainly would like to solve the problem as the first time I used the program I was much impressed. I have tried to repeat those results without success.

CAM

• 4 weeks later...

I am experiencing the same problem, since I purchased the software (free version performed OK) I can only burn 3 or 4 tracks and then get a message 'use different media or try a slower speed". I am running WinXP SP2, Express Burn v1.08 with a MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-810 burner. Any info on how to fix the problem would be much appreciated - Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm experiencing the same problem with the free version here. Burns 4-5 tracks then quits, the tracks play ok though. Windows XP SP2 with 512 Ram, Nashua CD-R's, dvd/cd writer: TEAC DVD+RW DV-W58E

• 1 month later...
Guest Aaron Hart

I am using Express Burn with windows 95. At first I was really pleased at how well it worked, but suddenly I wasted about ten discs in a row trying to burn about ten tracks. I found in the end that I can only safely record one track. I did notice that this happened not long after the software informed me that 'certina features' were disabled because I had used the software for x weeks. If this is a built-in bug to make you buy the full prog, then could we know please, and then we might buy it! I am not buying it till I know for sure. There are too many different and varied systems all experiencing this, and I have changed many things on my pc, even used dedicated audio cd's, all to no avail. The one thing I had done was to accidentally try to record too many tracks onto a disc before this happened - ie the disc did not have sufficient space for the amount of data. Can anyone categorically say that they didn't do this before it went wrong, so it can be eliminated. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Chip12414

Chip12414@Yahoo.com ...

I am having the SAME trouble with my WinXP. At first, Express Burn worked fine...better and faster than my Sonic burner. No skips, and the burnt CD's would play in CD players that sometimes do not read or recognize burned CD-R's. Then, I made a data disk using Express Burn, and was able to burn over 217 mp3's to a CD-R and it plays just fine.

But..after making that data CD, I tried to burn a regular audio CD (and hit the proper button in Express Burn) but so far have not been able to burn more than 3 songs onto a CD-R and have basically ruined and wasted three blank disks trying.

So...I guess Express Burn is not the answer to quick and easy burning.

Sad.....cause it worked so well at first.

Guest Guest_mike_*

:angry: downloaded express burn trial - dosen't work, have version v1.09 instaled.

has message burn failed try lower speed , new disk

have tried several new disks and all speeds

computer is aspect windows 98 second addition, burner is mitsumi cr-485gte, aspi is 4.06

• 1 month later...
Guest Stefan Vorkoetter

Was this problem ever resolved? I'd like to know before I buy. It's been working fine for me so far, but I don't want to buy it and then have it stop working.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the exact problem. Great software, but it just can't burn

CD Drive:

Brand: Pioneer

Interface: ATAPI

Reading Capabilities: 24x CD-ROM, 8x DVD-ROM

Writing Capibilities: 24x CD±R/RW, 8x DVD±R/RW, 4x Dual Layer DVD±R

Opreating System:

Name: Windows XP Home

Service Pack: SP2

Version: 5.1.2600

As stated in a previous post: The express burn will fail on subsequent copies of a file unless the CD Free Time is displayed on the bottom line of the window. Starting a burn before the CD free time is displayed will cause the session to fail. This problem is not present on startup as the main express burn window is not displayed until the disc is read. However whenever you put a disc into the copier make sure the CD free time is shown. Hopefully this "Feature" will be remedied in a later release.

• 2 years later...

I've been having the same problem... :angry: , i have the Windows Vista home premium edition, and i had succesfully burned several music CD's with

the Windows media player and some Mp3 with a default program, but lately it wouldn't completely burn cd's no more, it would only burn 4 or 5 songs.. then

stop burning and said an error ocurred, and the songs can't be read by any cd playe, neither by the computer.. I hope someone that knows about this could

give a little help.. cause i see i'm not the only one with the problem.. Thanks