Email config to run on gmail?

bigchris

Hi there,

Excuse me for my newbie-ness - first post and all.

I've just downloaded EI software and am so far very impressed. I'm just having two niggles, although most urgent is the ability to email.

I've set up a gmail account to run as the primary business email, and I've tested it in outlook 2003 and eudora v7. Both programs can access.

I've tried to set up EI to use MAPI settings, for both email clients (where appropriate switching default packages etc.).

I get the following message however when trying to 'record and email' invoices:-

Mail send error (RCPT TO not accepted). Your smtp server may require a username or password. Please see Email Settings.

If I specify the SMTP settings (2nd bullet point down on email settings), I get the following error:-

Encrpytion required for requested Email server. Please check your email settings.

Now I know that gmail uses ssl, and that it uses non-standard ports to do so. Is there anyway that these can be configured, or at least get EI talking to Eudora (where within the mail client it all works fine)?

Second point, is how do I create invoices in pdf format?

Cheers,

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I echo Chris above - EI is proving to be very handy except in configuring it to send emails. I tried a gmail account on Eudora, Thunderbird and Windows Live clients with similar errors, including 'data terminator not accepted'. These messages are meaningless to me and don't help me resolve the problem. It is a nuisance having to save an invoice as PDF to then email it as attachment. Could somebody please clarify this problem?

bigchris, if you didn't mean right-clicking on your invoice and selecting 'save as pdf' then sorry i can't help you there. please post if you make any progress with email situation, and i'll do likewise.

Thanks.

• 6 years later...