Express Burn 4.14 Error Writing to Disk

Venare

When attempting to burn a Data Disk (CD) from a 6 hour audio WMA file, I consistently receive an Error Writing to Disk message with the further info:

Source File

Sense Data 05 21 00

The source file was created using Wave Pad Master. Please advise. :(B)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MichaelJee

Hey Ron,

Sense codes are industry wide, you can see them all here.

Yours means “LOGICAL BLOCK ADDRESS OUT OF RANGE”

Google shows 360k hits,

Are you sure you are burning in the correct Data-CD mode? A 6 hour .wma file will clearly not fit on a 80min CD.

It could be the quality of the media as well, what brand are you using?

Cheers

M

Hey Ron,

Sense codes are industry wide, you can see them all here.

Yours means “LOGICAL BLOCK ADDRESS OUT OF RANGE”

Google shows 360k hits,

Are you sure you are burning in the correct Data-CD mode? A 6 hour .wma file will clearly not fit on a 80min CD.

It could be the quality of the media as well, what brand are you using?

Cheers

M

I am having a similar problem. I have tried a number of times to burn a data cd without success and using a couple of different brands of disk too, including ones I have had no problem with before (I'm currently trying TDK CD-R Gold. I've also tried Prime CD_R 52X, which, as I say I've used successfully in the past.

The error I get is :

Error with write address

Sourcefile : Sense Data 05 21 02

There is no problem that I can see with capacity, the last attempt involved less that 500mb.

Any suggestions on how to fix this ?

Guest MichaelJee

As per the link i posted above, you can see your code means 5 / 21 / 02 INVALID ADDRESS FOR WRITE"

Searching the WWW for this shows it can be bad media. You have tried some different brands, though an old / dieing burner can show these signs as well.

Would suggest researching the above error code and your optical drive model name. Some common exmaples,

- You might need a firmware upgrade -

- Your power supply could be on the way out

- Try putting the optical drive on the IDE primary channel

- Try using a demo version of Nero for troubleshooting

Hope this helps

M

I have the same problem with the latest version.

I was using version 4.06 for a while without any problems. But after I installed the new version, I get the same error. I am trying to burn ~110 MB data onto a CD-R.

I tryied with 5 disks but no chance. Then I downgraded to version 4.06 and have no problem.

There should be something wrong/missing with the new version.

Note: I am using with the command line parameters.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MichaelJee

Hi Ozgur Ugur,

Can you please tell me the exact model of your burner? We would be looking to source the same device for testing in house.

Thanks

M

• 3 weeks later...

I am using a Fujitsu Siemens S6120 Model Notebook with Windows XP. Don't know exactly the model of the burner :(

Hi Ozgur Ugur,

Can you please tell me the exact model of your burner? We would be looking to source the same device for testing in house.

Thanks

M

• 4 weeks later...
Guest N.C.H a.n
I am using a Fujitsu Siemens S6120 Model Notebook with Windows XP. Don't know exactly the model of the burner :(

Hi Ozgur Uger,

Please send me a Personal Message with your email address and we will progress things from there.

Thankyou

• 3 months later...

I am having this exact same problem trying to burn an audio cd. Sense Data: 05 21 02

I NEVER had a problem before changing out my cd burning drive to a dvd/cd burner. The model is a Pioneer DVR-116D. I have updated the firmware for the drive from Pioneer, and still having no success.

• 10 years later...