Express Delegate Done Dictations

r3tr0x

Hey guys,

I am currently configuring a basic setup which incorporates Express Dictate, Delegate and Scribe. I have successfully created a number of typists in addition to speakers. I can send dictations from ED without any problems and they are handled by the Delegate rules. Scribe receives the dictations as it should but the problems start when I want to finish a dictation. Normally (without Delegate in the equation) I could just click the Done button and the dictation would be removed from my list. Unfortunately this option is unavailable to me - the options is greyed out. Is there a reason for this? I'm assuming that there is something in Delegate that I have missed :( Is the option for completing dictations simply not available when using Delegate to assign dictations? How would a typist go about confirming that a piece of work has indeed been completed?

Any help on thsi would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys, speak to you soon

Scribe receives the dictations as it should but the problems start when I want to finish a dictation. Normally (without Delegate in the equation) I could just click the Done button and the dictation would be removed from my list. Unfortunately this option is unavailable to me - the options is greyed out. Is there a reason for this? I'm assuming that there is something in Delegate that I have missed :( Is the option for completing dictations simply not available when using Delegate to assign dictations? How would a typist go about confirming that a piece of work has indeed been completed?

You can use the "Dispatch (Reply with typing)" item in the File menu, or the equivalent button on the small tool-bar (which has the tool-tip "Send the typed work and mark the file as done"). The transcript will be uploaded to Express Delegate, the dictation will be marked as Finished, and the Speaker will be able to download the transcript from inside Express Dictate's "Work Progress" dialog (or via the web control panel).

• 7 years later...

Hi there. I am using Express Delegate with Express Scribe. Upon dispatching, I added 2 attachments to 1 audio file, but upon dispatching, only 1 attachment showed up. Is it not possible to add multiple attachments to one audio file?

• 6 years later...