Pixillion Image Converter

mapper_guy

I've used the free Pixillion Image converter to convert from png to gif, and was amazed at how fast it did batch conversion!

However, I want to be able to set the transparency of the resulting gif file; this is why I'm converting to gif so that the final image is transparent in empty areas.

Perhaps I missed something, but is the converter capable of setting transparency? If so, how do I do this?

If not, could this feature be added? It would improve an otherwise excellent tool.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

• 1 month later...
I've used the free Pixillion Image converter to convert from png to gif, and was amazed at how fast it did batch conversion!

However, I want to be able to set the transparency of the resulting gif file; this is why I'm converting to gif so that the final image is transparent in empty areas.

Perhaps I missed something, but is the converter capable of setting transparency? If so, how do I do this?

If not, could this feature be added? It would improve an otherwise excellent tool.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

From what I've read Pixillion is only a file type converter and not a photo editor. Per the documentation, any transparency already set in a photo will be transferred to the converted format IF the new format supports transparency (many do not).

Microsoft Photo Editor (free in MS Office) had a very easy interface to make areas of a photo transparent. Unfortunately PHOTOED.EXE disappeared when I went with Office2003. It can be downloaded for free at http://www.megaiq.com/downloads/microphotoed.exe. It's really quick and simple.

The best course may be for you to do your conversion, then use PHOTOED.EXE to make the desired areas transparent. 3DGZ

• 5 months later...